"We recently bought an older house that needed major renovations to be done while we were living out of state. We knew we needed to find a general contractor who was knowledgeable, trustworthy, reliable and pleasant to deal with. Acumen Construction exceeded our expectations in every way. Al and his team did wonderful work, with amazing attention to detail. Many times, he volunteered suggestions for simplifying our project to save us time and money. The work was completed on schedule to our satisfaction, with a few extra personal touches added. Al was constantly calling to keep us informed about his work, flexible when unexpected circumstances and challenges arose, open to new ideas as the project progressed, and more than reasonable with costs. We will definitely hire Acumen again!"
-- Jonathan Shandell Elkins park Pa. Kitchen, 3 bathrooms, Living room, family room,4 bedrooms, dinnig room and basement
Finding a good contractor can be frustrating. All you want is a quality job, at a fair price by a contractor you can trust. In Acumen Builders we found all that and more. Al's work is amazing! About ten years ago Al remodeled one of our bathrooms. Since then he has remodeled another bathroom and powder room, refinished basement, remodeled kitchen, raised the ceiling in our family room, built a portico on the front of our house, replaced siding with stucco on house, replaced the roof and installed a patio.
The quality of Al's work is great for several reasons. He works with us on our ideas meticulously analyzing the efficacy of our plans. He tells us if plan will compromise the building structure or if over the long hall a material or design will not hold up. Many contractors will do whatever is asked of them for the sake of getting the job regardless of the consequences down the road. Being a perfectionist, even the final details are done with precision and built for beauty and durability.
Over the years we have become friends with Al and his wife Fay-not surprisingly since he has literally remodeled just about every room in the house. We sincerely invite you to call us or stop over to talk with us and see the work that Al has done.
Again, knowing that such a major investment will be professionally done, at a fair price, with quality craftsmanship makes a potentially stressful project a fun and rewarding experience.
Ann And Joe M. Maple Glen Kitchen, bathrooms, family room, and basement
To Whom It May Concern:
Recently, my husband and I decided to renovate 2 of our full bathrooms. We’ve been in the house for 10 years and the baths still had ‘builder grade’ tile, counter tops, fixtures, hardware, etc.
We were referred to Al Momtahen by another friend who had him do extensive improvements to their home and were delighted with the outcome.
Our bathrooms, as well, turned out better then we could have imagined. The following qualities were demonstrated by Al and his team and are why we would highly recommend him for any renovations, improvements, additions, etc.:
• Timeline commitment: Al did a thorough review of the work needed (including demolition and removal of existing materials – we never thought about that!) and gave us an approximate time from start to finish of ~ 2 weeks. True to his word, the work was finished within that original timeline.
• Cost estimate: Al gave us a detailed estimate for the work we were requesting in writing and identified the areas that were not firm depending on what he found when he removed the original materials. It was not much difference in the cost at all but Al felt compelled to let us know this up front. The final cost of the project came in right on target. The only increase in cost was due to us upgrading certain items as we went. Al always had various options for us that ranged in price so we could decide where we wanted the money to go and other areas that were not as important to us.
• Design expertise/Quality: I know what I like but I’m not a decorator or a visionary. Al knew what would look good and, somehow, knew what I would like and what would not please me. He was always right. I think he took the time to look at the rest of our house and get to ‘know’ it and our tastes. This really helped in the excellent end result.
• Promptness: Al was always diligent in letting us know what his schedule would be and keeping to that schedule. There was never a time there was a ‘no show’ or deviation to the times work started and ended.
• Courteousness: Al was always considerate of our schedules and worked around us. We didn’t want work going on in the evenings (which had happened to us before) and so, none occurred. We really appreciated him working around our needs. On several occasions, Al returned items that I had bought in error and often did the ‘shopping’ for me. This was a tremendous help to my busy schedule.
• Neatness: I was amazed at how well Al and his team cleaned up after the work on a daily basis. At the end of the project, the house looked better then when he started. He even made mine repairs totally unprompted!
• Trustworthy: My husband I both work – really crazy hours so we didn’t have the option to let people in, wait while things were done, etc. Al and his team became almost like family. We felt very comfortable with them in the house during our absence. The house was always locked up with alarm on when we came home.
I don’t think I left anything out and if I was reading this, I might find this glowing report hard to believe but it is the truth. We really didn’t have a clue about what we were doing or what was involved and if it had been another contractor who didn’t care as much, I doubt the outcome would have been near to what we ended up with.
Al has our number and I would be happy to confirm this report over the phone. Obviously, it goes without saying, we would never have anyone but Al do future work on our home.
And….we love the bathrooms!
Nancy Peters and Barry Sachais Conshohocken, Pa. Two Bathrooms
Thank you for making our kitchen remodel such a pleasant experience. Your enthusiasm and positive attitude were much appreciated.
Having gone through a kitchen remodel in the past, we were not really looking forward to the ordeal again. However, from the first meeting with you, through the design phase, the tile and cabinet selection process and the actual construction, we were pleasantly surprised. You took the time to listen to my ideas and made suggestions on how to implement them to the best advantage. Your patience during all of this was exceptional. Even though I kept changing my mind and could not decide on a counter top, you were able to finish the job two weeks faster than the estimated date. Wow, that is unheard of.
We felt so comfortable with the way the work was progressing, we even took a week vacation and the entire time we were gone, never once worried about what was happening. In fact, we were looking forward to seeing what changes awaited us as we got home. We were not disappointed.
Brent, Cristian and the rest of the crew, thank you for doing such a fabulous job on our dream kitchen. Now, what's next? A bathroom, Best regards,
Tom Gandolfo Maple glen, Pa. Kitchen and two bathrooms
"You did what you said you would do, on time, and well. Our previous contractor was 'fly by night' - what a nightmare! Thank you for excellent people and excellent work."
Your thoroughness is appreciated from beginning to end. I feel our relationship is such that I look forward to our next project together -- our garage cabinet and work bench. Please feel free to give my phone number or e-mail address to any prospective clients for future reference."
Mr. William Porter (garage)
It is my pleasure to write this letter of recommendation to attest to the high quality of your company's work in the design, and installation of our kitchen and bath, front addition and basement. I especially appreciated how cleanly the kitchen cabinets were installed and how nothing was left undone. For example, I did not have to spend time wiping out cabinets, nor did I have to further contract for plumbing or electrical hookup.
"Just a note of thanks concerning the reconstruction work you did for us here at Nppers we still get compliments from those who had seen the resturant before you remodeled it... bottom line... I won't hesitate to use you again."
John Reilley (interior resturant remodel)
ACC Kitchen design and Remodeling. We specialize in kitchen Design , bathroom renovation, tile work, cabinet and appliance installation, Formica and granite counter tops, Drywall work, Hardwood flooring, Interior work, Lighting, Plumbing and whatever has to do with kitchens. We are Licensed and insured, plenty of references are available. As a desiger and contractor we have been serving Philadelphia Pennsylvania,Montgomery PA , Bucks County, Delaware county, Chester County, Lansdale, Horsham, lower Gwynedd, Gwynedd valley, Blue bell, Warrington, Wayne, Radnor, Villanova, Bryn Mawr, Ardmore, Broomall, for over twenty years